Advantage Label and Packaging was built upon the belief that relationships are the fundamental elements for success. From our customers and vendors to our team members, our goal is to create long-term relationships based on trust. We are focused on making lives better for our employees, clients, and business partners. Our unique approach to labeling solutions is to be the expert and trusted advisor for every piece of the puzzle, not just printed labels. The breadth of our solutions includes equipment, software, technical support, and service. This has led to us growing our business nationwide and internationally.
We have an opening for an efficient and independent Flexographic or Digital Print Press Operator on our second shift.
What your day will look like:
- As an Advantage Label Press Operator, you will set up and operate one of our state-of-the-art flexographic or digital printing presses. You will work with our skilled Press Assistants for loading printing plates and cylinders or art files into the press and fill the dye font with ink. You will feed the flexographic press with the material that is going to be printed on. With your attention to detail, you will read job orders that give you specific instructions on what the printing should look like including the types of ink, plate, and material that should be used for the printing. You will set up and control tooling which will cut the material precisely according to the client specification.
- You will handle the production of the entire printing job and ensure the quality of the items you produce. You will be in charge of keeping your press production are clean, neat, and organized. You are also responsible for notifying the Production Manager of any problems and communicating any need for supplies or maintenance that will make production more efficient or will improve the quality of the products.
What we are looking for in a candidate:
A high school diploma or general education degree. At least one (1) year of flexographic printing and/or commercial digital printing experience. Mark Andy line of presses highly desired. Time logged on the P-Series presses built by Mark Andy would be a plus. Familiarity with computerized production systems. Demonstrated ability to make optimal use of the time available by analyzing workload and maintaining focus on priorities and time-sensitive tasks. Proven ability to interact and engage with the rest of the team and work together towards a common goal. Ability to pass a test for color blindness. Willingness to work Monday through Thursday, from 2:30 pm to 12:30 am.
What we can offer you:
Lots of autonomy within the position Competitive compensation and benefits package Family-oriented and supportive team A relaxed and welcoming environment You are not just a number. You are part of the family! Advantage Label & Packaging is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Perks and benefits:
- Generous PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Family Medical Leave
- Remote Work Program
- Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Performance Bonuses
- Annual Bonuses
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Open Floor Plan
- Company Outings
- Happy Hours
- Pet-Friendly Office
- Happy Hours
- Meals and/or Snacks Provided
- Phone allowance
Location/Region: Grand Rapids,MI