Provides leadership and oversight of a regional safety program to ensure compliance with regulations as set forth by federal, state, local government, company, and client. This includes pre-construction safety review, subcontractor safety pre-qualification, safety training, construction site safety inspections, incident investigations and other aspects for proper safety management by the company and its subcontractors.
- Associate’s degree, preferred
- 10-15 years Commercial Construction Safety Experience, preferred
- OSHA 500 outreach instructor preferred. First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor a plus.
- Strong computer skills. Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office and other computer applications.
- Driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Ability to travel in excess of 20% of the time.
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills with demonstrated abilities to work collaboratively with safety and operational employees.
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills that can be used with people of various backgrounds, experience, and education levels.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment and demonstrate strong decision making and multitasking skills
- Provide leadership, and support for all company departments directly or through various Safety Department personnel.
- Creation and implementation of occupational health and safety training program
- Represent the company on various nonprofit boards, government committees, and trade organizations when necessary.
- Create and maintain program management systems to ensure that various Safety and Environmental Health certifications, accreditations, and compliance efforts are developed and continuously improved.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested (i.e.: serve in various advisory roles as needed
- Leadership of various Health and Safety initiatives.
- Assures that the company maintains compliance with all Local, State, and Federal Environmental and Safety regulations.
- Organization of Health and Safety goals/objectives.
- Serves as the company and representative/liaison to a variety of external entities including Federal, State, and Local Agencies, Customers, Suppliers, industry related groups, and various nonprofit, educational, government, and community entities.
- Liaison for Risk Management to provide assistance in claims management for the company.
- Supervision of Site Safety Managers/Site Safety Coordinators
- Administrative duties including development of management reports, analysis reports, charts, graphs, and corporate safety policies and procedures
- Conduct comprehensive construction site safety inspections of large construction sites.
- Investigation of injury, property damage, and general liability incidents
- Frequent work on computer and handwriting.
- Frequent use of telephone, meeting, communication and presentation skills
- Review compliance with OSHA and other government safety regulations
- Involvement in local and national construction association safety committees and company committees
- Regular interaction with management and project client services teams
Physical Requirements: Office environment.
- Walking on construction sites and other uneven surfaces
- Must be able to travel. Duties include regular air travel/automotive travel (1-7 hours)
- Climbing of construction stairs, ladders, and scaffolds
- Bending, squatting, and other physical activities needed to conduct safety inspections and investigations
Keywords: safety, safety administrator, safety specialist, safety manager, safety supervisor, safety assistant, safety coordinator
Location/Region: Houston, TX