Location: Houston, TX | Compensation: To commensurate with experience | Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision Insurance, 401K
Viking Cold Solutions, Inc. is a Houston based energy efficiency technology company providing thermal energy storage (TES) solutions for cold storage facilities, food distributors, supermarkets, and restaurants. As Viking Cold grows, we are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our team and be part of our success.
The Engineering Manager will develop and oversee a team of engineers and analysts while coordinating with peer groups to survey, design, install and maintain new systems within customer facilities as well as supporting existing customer troubleshooting and data reporting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assure completion and delivery of Application Engineering, Production Designs, and Installations
- Manage the customer field survey process including up to 50% travel
- Direct R&D and continuous improvement objectives
- Oversee safety, training and certification processes for the team
- Oversee requirements and possible sub-contracting of field survey and technical service dispatch
- Establish a Technical Service Desk and field response team to monitor equipment operation and energy usage for installed customer sites.
- Resolve escalated and complex technical problems relating to large cooler system physical plant, unit controllers, supervisory controllers, and combined operation of VCS equipment with customer systems.
- Deliver to schedules and budgets for numerous simultaneous projects
Skills and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in either mechanical or electrical engineering
- 10 years industry experience
- Prior contractor license, professional license, and certifications are desired
- Demonstrated design, installation and operating experience in large cooler systems including packaged condensing units, evaporators, Freon rack systems, compressors, VFDs, Ammonia refrigeration systems and their controls
- Language/Job Skills:
- Excellent English and written communication
- Proficient in Spanish
- Computer Skills:
- Strong experience in Excel and Microsoft office products
- Strong experience with AutoCAD products
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to Dhogan@vikingcold.com
Viking Cold Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or genetic information. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications, and performance. We are committed to providing all employees with a diverse, inclusive, and positive work environment, and we do not tolerate any discrimination or harassment based on any of the above characteristics or on any other status protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Please note: Viking Cold Solutions occasionally amends or withdraws jobs and reserves the right to do so at any time
Location/Region: Houston, TX